The NEW worldwide ADHD Fund** initiative enables the public to fund ADHD research.
THE PUBLIC chooses topics to be researched.
RESEARCHERS present proposals for Board Review.
Board Approved proposals are crowd-funded and completed.
Sandra Kooij, MD, PhD, Founder of ADHD Fund, explains the Initiative from The Netherlands:
How it works
- In a short online video the researchers explain the purpose of their research and its significance for people with ADHD.
- If the research appeals to you, you can donate directly to this research.
- For every research project, the collected sum is shown, as well as the target amount of money, and the time left to reach this goal.
- If the proposal does not reach its budget in time, the project is not funded.
- In case the study is not completely funded, your contribution may, according to your wishes, be donated to another study or to ADHDFund.
**ADHD Fund is a separate organization from ADHD in Adults and is solely responsible for its projects and fiscal management.
Suzan Vogel, MD, The Netherlands, explains the funded Phase Study (Phase shift in adult ADHD of Sleep and Appetite).
Sample Studies that have been Funded
|Project Funded||Country||Description||Amount Funded|
|Sleep and Emotional Regulation in ADHD||Italy||The aim of our study is to investigate if sleeping difficulties in ADHD subjects may impact on their emotional control, worsening their functioning and quality of life.||$5,745|
|ADHD, sleep and your heart||The Netherlands||Chronic sleep debt is bad for your health, including weight, blood sugar, and possibly also for the heart and blood pressure.||$6,006|
|ADHD or Dementia?||Sweden||In geriatric psychiatry there is a need to improve methods to differentiate ADHD history from other psychiatric conditions, including dementia.||$6,641|